
Family and Friends,
It’s a big, big world. I arrived here on Sunday, May 23 of this year. My mommy and daddy love me so much! I can tell because they often express thanks for the gift of having me in their family. I’ve been on lots of adventures since I’ve been born. I was blessed on Father’s Day by my Daddy with both Grandparents present and lots of other family and friends. I have been to Hawaii for the Sparrow Family reunion. Mom and Dad took me camping in July near Mout Timpanogos. I have also been to Colorado! I got to meet my cousin Daria that was born just days after I was born.
So what’s Daddy up to? Daddy works hard and is going to school. He is still employed at Sorenson Communications where he develops training materials, films, and manages the website for the trainers. He has been working there now for 3 years. Recently this summer several of his co-workers we laid off. We pray for them often and hope that they will be able to find a job. Daddy goes to Salt Lake Community College. He’s going back to school to get a degree in computer science. He’s been a straight “A” student so far. He still has opportunities to sign for the Mormon Tabernacle Choir at some of their special events. Daddy is also still serving as the Elder’s Quorum President for the Deaf Ward.
Mommy loves being my Mom! She resigned from her job as a Deaf Mentor when I was born and hasn’t regretted the decision. We like to take long walks in the park when the weather is good. Mommy volunteers as an Institute of Religion teacher to the Deaf through the use of videophones to throughout the United States. She teaches the Old Testament once a week. Mommy has also gotten involved in the cloth diaper business. She is a consultant to help other mommies with their cloth diaper needs. It’s a new company and she’s not sure what opportunities it will bring, but it’s become a fun hobby. My little tush is happy with cloth diapers. Mommy is continues to serve in the Relief Society Presidency.
Lots of new things have been happening with me. I can eat veggies and fruit. I love apple sauce! I have a laugh that just makes everyone want to laugh with me. I have a squeal that turns heads when I’m out and about. I love to stand, but I hate to be on my tummy. I have just started to learn how to sit up on my own. I am learning sign language. “Milk” is my first sign. I still can’t sleep through the night, but I am getting close. When I first arrived, Junior was a little jealous. Now we’re pretty good friends. Junior leaves my toys alone and I give him some snacks every now and then.
We are all living in Pat Walker’s home while she is on a mission in the Philippines. We live near Liberty Park in downtown Salt Lake City. We love her neighbors and are honored to be able to take care of her home while she is gone. This arrangement has helped us a great deal with our finances while Daddy is going to school and working full time. We will be here until next year December. If you want to keep up with what’s happening in our world, take time to look at our blog where I’m the star of the show (gechristensen.blogspot.com).
If I haven’t met you yet, I hope to meet you soon. We all send our love and our gratitude for the gift of family and friends. We wish you the spirit of Christmas that will live with you all year round.
Gary, Emmalee, and Jade

No comments:
Post a Comment