Sunday, May 30, 2010

It started May 23rd














Sunday May 23rd I woke up with some light contractions, but they didn’t seem painful enough to take me to the hospital. We decided to forgo church and stay home to ride out the contractions. By the afternoon the contractions started to become more painful. Around 4:00 p.m. we left for the hospital. While in the car the contractions went form 3-4 minutes apart to 1 minute apart. It seemed liked we hit every red light before we could make it to the hospital. That 10 minute drive seemed to take forever.

We pulled up to the hospital and they got us in a room right away. However another 10 minute wait before a nurse checked me out. By this time I am crying every time a contraction comes and ready for my epidural. The nurse checks me and says, “Oh you’re a 9. Do you still want your epidural?” At this point I know I’m sooo close to the end I just decide to forgo the epidural to get the baby out ASAP! By now it’s about 4:58.

My doctor comes in. Lucky for me he was already there, waiting was not an option. He explains a few things about getting ready to push. We’re in position, contraction, and pushing! The doctor didn’t expect the baby to come out so fast…he was still prepping for the delivery and getting the gloves on. He almost didn’t have enough time to get the second glove on before Jade came out. They told me to stop pushing, but it was time! Three pushes and she was out! Jade Christensen was born @ 5:08 p.m. weighing 8.3 lbs and 21 inches long.





I must say that through this whole experience I feel so grateful for Gary’s constant support! He was at my side every step of the way helping me get through every contraction. Sunday, May 23rd was a perfect day to have a baby. I couldn’t be more thankful for his love and support through the whole process. He truly is my helpmeet!













I was only in the hospital for 24 hours and then we went home. The first night home with Jade was a little hard for us and she kept us up quite a bit. After that the other nights have been great. We have baby cry alert that lets us know when Jade is crying with a flashing light or vibrating the bed. Because Jade sleeps so well I often have to set my alarm to wake her about every 4 hours at night.

7 comments:

  1. Yay! Thanks for sharing that with us! Jade is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is gorgeous. I'm a little jealous. Our son is determined to be a June baby so we're still waiting for him, but he has to come this week. Can't wait to see you in July.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so, so, so beautiful!!! I love seeing these pictures! You both will be terrific parents!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad that things went so well! Beautiful baby! I'm glad you posted so I (and of course, other people too) could see her. Love the videos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I am so glad you posted this story. My husband and I have decided we are going to pray for a quick delivery like you had. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete